With the advent of globalization, people often forget about our Vedic practices for staying healthy and bend towards the modern way of counseling. Nowadays, people often suffer from health-related issues and emotional breakdown, which later causes anxiety. According to the experts, to get rid of all the health-related problems and to control one’s emotional breakdown, yoga pranayama is the best thing that one can do. Now the question is, what is yoga pranayama? What are its benefits?
First, let’s know about the yoga pranayama to answer the question. Yoga pranayama is a primitive practice of controlling one’s breath. It generally aims to create a deep connection between the mind and the soul. In addition, it naturally helps the body of an individual to get rid of the toxic substance. In scientific research, it has been found that there are a lot of benefits of the pranayama to an individual even in this 21st century. Some of the scientifically-backed benefits of yoga pranayama are as follows:
- It helps reduce the stress level: In research, it has been found that yoga pranayama is much more effective on physical and emotional health. It is said that it often helps reduce stress levels among young adults. According to a scientific study, pranayama is an exercise that usually calms down the nervous system and improves stress levels. Even during such processes, people often say that pranayama is the best practice that keeps the practitioner healthy due to excess oxygen intake.
- Reduce blood pressure: Pranayama often promotes the reduction of the risk and ensures relaxation to the body. Relaxing the body means reducing stress, which later gave rise to a decrease in blood pressure.
- Enhance the sleep quality: When a person is under stress, they often find themselves having a lack of sleep. Lack of proper sleep often leads to insomnia. Here, the yoga pranayama often tends to slow the heart rate and breathing and hence ensure quality sleep.
- Help to improve lung functioning: During the yoga pranayama, one needs to slow down the inhalation of the oxygen for breathing. This slow and forceful way of breathing often strengthens one’s lung condition. It has also been used to treat different diseases like asthma, pneumonia, etc.
- Reduce the craving for toxic materials: It has been found that people who are practicing yoga often leave the intake of toxic materials like a cigarette, etc.
- Lead to cognitive performances: Other than improving the lung condition, the yoga pranayama also enhances the brain functioning of an individual.
- Improves flexibility: In a worldwide survey, it has been found that yoga Pranayama is regaining its popularity among the youngsters. For those who practice yoga pranayama daily, it has been found that they are much more flexible than the others. It is believed that a person who is relaxed and active enough is much healthier than any other average person.
Other than the benefits mentioned above, many benefits are not mentioned here.