With a number of restorative and cosmetic dentistry options available today, dental crowns are considered to be the best as they provide complete protection to your teeth. They can treat the severely decayed teeth, re-shape the abnormal tooth, and protect them from sudden breaking.
So, to increase the longevity of your dental crowns, here are some tips that you must follow:
- Maintain Oral Hygiene: The following oral hygiene plan will help your gums and teeth to stay free from infection and ultimately, protecting your dental crowns:
- Continue to brush your teeth twice a day with a dentist-recommended toothpaste.
- Floss and rinse your mouth regularly with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Use interdental cleaners like picks and brushes that provide a deeper clean between teeth and other areas around the crown.
- Avoid the consumption of acidic or sweet beverages and food.
- Stop Grinding and Crunching: Grinding and crunching are the major habits that can wear down your crowns. Grinding can occur due to a number of reasons, including anxiety, insomnia, stress or a misaligned teeth structure. You should also avoid crunching ice, hard candy or sticky sweets to avoid any kind of damage or crack on the teeth.
- Wear Protection or Guards: Our gums and dental crowns are very delicate, so even a small injury can lead to big problems. Therefore, it’s important to wear mouth guards to prevent issues like jaw fractures, concussion, misplacement of teeth, and injury to soft tissues of the mouth.
- Visit Your Dentist for Routine Check-ups: Apart from the above tips, it’s also essential to see your dentist twice or thrice a year. Routine cleaning and check-up will help you to address the dental concerns timely. The dentist will also check the overall condition of your dental crowns, which can further reduce the risks of severe complications. Additionally, if any cracks or breaks are found in the dental crown, the dentist will immediately replace it to avoid the worst consequences.
With the proper care and the right plan, your dental crowns can last for several years. Therefore, one must follow the above tips seriously and protect their beautiful smile from complications.
Looking for a dentist who can help you treat your dental crowns the right way? Then the Oracare dental clinic is the way to go. It offers state-of-the-art dental solutions, assuring the best results.