We always wanted some better remedies to treat our unnecessary hair growth after being tired of waxing or using razors all over. The best way to combat this is to get laser done. Laser hair removal is the ultimate savior for the majority of us who lack time to visit the salons multiple times. This is a popular treatment that can remove unwanted hair from absolutely anywhere on the body. But you can be nervous for the first time, and hence, here are certain tips to prepare yourself beforehand.
How does laser hair removal work?
The lasers produce soft light bursts, which gently concentrate on the hair follicles. The pigments that are present in the follicles absorb this light and prevent the future growth of hair. This does not damage the surrounding skin. The process is repeated constantly till the hair growth ceases completely. The lasers use multiple wavelengths that are adjusted based on the type of skin and the density of hair growth.
What to do before your appointment?
If you are getting the treatment for the first time, you need to understand and take the steps very carefully. Here are certain things that must be kept in mind:
- Do not wax or tweeze the areas for at least six months before the laser treatment. If you do that, the laser will not be able to identify the hair follicle.
- You can shave before your session, but make sure that the blade is new. If you are using an already used blade, you are raising the risks of dermatitis.
- Avoid the sun for two weeks before the treatment. Try not to pigment your skin.
- It is better to avoid caffeine for about 24 hours before the treatment.
- Talk to your professional about the medications that you are undergoing. This is to ensure that you stay safe from developing additional photosensitivity.
What to know post-treatment?
- Hairs might start falling from 3-30 days after you have had the treatment.
- Right after the treatment, you can expect instant redness on the skin.
- You can exfoliate or scrub your skin gently, but do not start pulling out the hair immediately after.
- Try not to prick the blisters or scratch the skin.
- It is better to treat the skin with vitamin E or aloe vera gel.
In this regard, Clinicare Dix30 is the right stop for all your unwanted hair.